When you become a member of IWBKA, you will be able to access the following benefits:
- Spring seminar
- An auction
- Apiary meetings
- Entry to the Honey Show
- Voting rights
- Hire of equipment
- Monthly newsletters
- Access to the Teaching Apiary (TA)
There are five types of membership:
- IWBKA and British Beekeeper's Association (BBKA) Registered Member:
If you keep bees or handle them at TA and are 18 or above, you must take out full membership. In addition to the above benefits, you will get free insurance cover for up to three hives, with additional charges for more hives, and the monthly BBKA magazine. There is also Additional Registration at a lower rate for any other adult, living at the same address as the Registered Beekeeper, who keeps their own bees and requires registration and insurance with BBKA. They will share newsletters and magazines with the registered member..
- Partner Member: Must reside at the same address as the Registered Member.
- Junior Member: For IWBKA and British Beekeeping Association (BBKA) junior members under 18 who will be covered by BBKA liability insurance.
- School Member.
- Friend of IWBKA: For supporters of IWBKA of any age, not practising beekeepers, but who wish to attend meetings and receive relevant information. There is no insurance cover and no voting rights at the AGM. Includes family.
Membership yearly costs are:
|Friend of IWBKA
To join, simply go to the online membership form, fill it in (press send to submit), and pay the chosen membership yearly fee via BACS (details below).
(If not possible to use the online form, please download the PDF subscription form here and email the completed form to the Membership Secretary, Frank Stevens (firstname.lastname@example.org). The fee payment process is the same as for the online form.)
If you are already a member and would like to renew your membership, you do not need to fill in the form (unless your details have changed) but simply please pay the applicable fee by BACS:
- Using your Surname as reference
- To: Isle of Wight Beekeepers Association
- Sort code 30-95-99
- A/C 00408287